Monday, June 11, 2007

State-of-the-art review

As I said in one of my posts, I wanna write a state of the art review of virtual reference service (I change digital to virtual since I found the later is more correct than the first). I have more than 50 articles in hand, dated from 2001-2007. So when I started to read those articles...the more I read..the more I felt lost...and realise that I know sooo little...Day after day...and I read and read...when I found something new, I'll search more info to comprehend existing info...it seemed an endless story...I was frustrated. I spend almost 4 hours every day, mon to fri (6-10pm), and even sat (whole day!)...argh...I noted down keywords...summarise some finding...based on the outline of the review...and yet...felt like I was going nowhere!!!...

Then one day (8/6)...hubby told me to read those articles systematically. Take 5 articles at a time. Start small...with most recent and relevant articles...read their abstract and conclusion simultaneously and write a summary from those abstract...Then read further...analyse their methodology, find any limitation or plus point and note them down. So I followed...well...this is good!...

I just started 5 articles last weeks...I plan to do 5 articles each week. Unfortunately...I manage to analyse 3 articles until today...another 2 articles to analyse....argh...I must FOCUS!...InsyaAllah...I can do it...

1 comment:

hymie said...

You can do it honey!