Thursday, July 5, 2007

I miss you all...

Bismillah....

I really miss my mum & dad, sisters and brothers.... Dina...Alin...Mimi...kak jun, kak lina, kak izah, kak su...abg ipin, abg udin and also abg selamat.... What a big family!...yes indeed... I have 11 siblings and I'm the ninth, 3 elder brothers, 5 elder sisters (one of them passed away when she was a toddler, kak halijah) and 3 younger sisters.

Mak (Nafsiah).. full time house wife...and Abah (Md Amin) was a school guard, worked night shift, while during the day... managed his padi field. We were considered poor... but alhamdulillah... we never beg. Abah worked very hard... (no wonder he was very hot tempered, now I understand... less sleep and big responsibility) Though there were people... rich people.. who were willing to adopt us (including me)... Abah would never let that happen... Alhamdulillah...

Although Abah never attend to any school...(coz Atuk didn't allow him to do so.. since he was the first in the family, he was asked to sacrifice for his younger brothers and sisters)... I still remember his story... that he had only one single pencil when he was young... so to keep it usable as long as possible, when it was really short, he added a bamboo stick to have a hold on the short pencil... And he used to attend to some classes without Atuk's permission.

Since Abah didn't receive formal education...he makes sure that all the 11 of us attended to school. Alhamdulillah... 5 of us join universities, and 2 hold a diploma. In fact my younger sister and I pursue our study and both of us got a master degree.

Thanks Abah...

And Mak...my childhood remember her as a very busy, exhausted and tired mother... again... now that I have 3 of my own... I understand how tiring it was to raise 12 children... and now I really understand why Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (sallallahu'alaihiwasallam) advised his ummah to give three times more favour to our mother than our father...

And I still remember... when I was at Maahad Muar...every times I went home (I stayed in hostel), she would cook my favourate food... Bubur nasi with ikan bilis goreng bercili, or masak cili padi, or asam pedas, or pengat keladi...mmm..yum3... and she would prepare nasi berlauk for me to bring to hostel... And the most thing that I remember was our last meeting before I left home to hostel exactly before SPM...I cried on her shoulder...a lot... begging for her du'a for my success... She hold me tight..."Selawat banyak2...usaha...insyaAllah berjaya" Alhamdulillah...I did well...

I miss you Mak....

No comments: