Sunday, September 14, 2008

7 years ago....

Bismillah....

7 years ago, I was married to Suhaimi... alhamdulillah. our marriage is 7 years old now... and we are blessed with 3 beautiful kids, each has a different character and brings different joys.

Happy anniversary!

Our first encounter was at Janda Baik in 2000. We attended an Induction Course (for IIUM new staff). I joined the University in June that year. Hubby joined much earlier, I think exactly after he graduated in 1998, as asssitant lecturer, then as engineer at KOE then ITD, then again as lecturer (after his Master degree)... I think I have already told you the stories about our meeting in the previous post... but well, I'm gonna tell a different angle of the story...

I was 26, available and I think I was ready to give a commitment to a marriage. But I don't have any 'candidate'. Did I ever fall in love? I restrain my self from that since I want to give my love to the one who deserve it, my husband. I secretly had few 'crash' and few people had a 'crash' on me. Well... this is what we call 'jodoh'. None of those 'crash' lead to a happy ending story... so before the Course, I remembered browsing the list of participants with kak Fatin, asked her who's who, who's single, from which department, so on and so forth. Well... I thougt it was the time for me to start looking for a 'candidate'.

During the course, suhaimi introduced himself as originally from Bukit Gambir, my hometown. I was interested and curious to know him further.. since I never come across or meet him there. So through my flat mate during the course, Liza, I got some information. I email him later on.. (I was the one who approach him at the first place) and soon Liza acted as our 'matchmaker'. He was not very keen in replying emails.. though. But I had a very strong feeling that he is the 'one' for me. I don't know how to explain this... The feeling was soo strong that I frequently have solat hajat to ask Allah for His guidance. It was the most crucial part of my life.. the burden of having that 'feeling'.. but that was the time when I felt closest to Allah.. and I miss that closeness...

I could feel his presence when he was around. I remember attending a course on 'Project Manager' software at ITD.. suddenly I sensed his presence, I looked back and there he was... During convocation (my master degree) that year.. suhaimi was one of the organizing commitees.. an usher exactly before the stairs to the stage.. my heart was beating like drums...

Was it love? I was so afraid to fall in love... I wanted to deny the feeling but it was there. Is love blind?.. blind enough to exist when you know so little about him... I kept calling His guidance and each occurance between us indicated that he is the one for me... and the path towards our marriage was made easy by Allah..alhamdulillah... few months later, we were engaged.

A month before our marriage... we noticed that our family are related. His grandma and my grandpa are cousin! then I remembered my doa when I visited top of Jabal Rahmah back in 1997.. "Oh Allah, please make my marriage a union of not only 2 hearts... but of 2 families.. please guide me.. oh the All-Knowing...if he is for me, then make him close to me, unite our heart and soul, and ease the path towards our union, but Allah.. if he is not, then guide me..."

After engagement, I tried to make sure that we follow the Shari'ah, just like the one which is mentioned in the nasyid song 'Kasih kekasih' by Inteam. We avoided going out just the two of us. I used to be accompanied by Dina or Alin..or my friend Rose, every time I met him...

And in Sept, 14, 2001 alhamdulillah we got married... There were ups and downs, especially in the process of getting to know one another. And the more I know him, the more I feel thankful to Allah for giving me such a loving and caring husband.

As appreciation to this anniversary... hubby made a special fruitcake for all of us!.. thanks dear...


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Asiah,
lama tak tinggalkan jejak. Anniversary kita sama tahun, except that mine in June. Yg menariknya, waktu tu, memang lagu 'kasih kekasih' tu menjadi lagu kami juga, hehehe.

ueya said...

Salam,

Happy Anniversary! Moga Bahagia selalu...romantiknya buat kek!!sedap pulak tu...

modd said...

haaa...so sweet. pastu i mula la keluar air mata baca citer2 sweet camne....hehehe, i am so cembeng. anyway, happy anniversary!

afidalina said...

ala comel comel..congrats kak! i hope i will meet the one soon! hehe..=) i think my views are similar with yours kak! doakan kita k?

Asiah said...

salam ilah... lagu tu sooo nostalgik kan kan... hehe...

salam zura... kembang kuncup cik abe saya.. bgth kek sodap..

salam akma.. naper la soo cembeng... lembut hati tuu..hehe sbb tu kot din berkenan.

salam afi.. akak doakan bertemu jodoh soon. nanti da jumpa jgn lupa bgth akak naaa...