Friday, January 15, 2010

reflection aka muhasabah

Bismillah

Alhamdulillah eventhough I am very busy with data collection, I have the chance to update this blog. Qualitative data collection is challenging in the sence that participation is purely sukarela, and schedule for interviews is highly depending on participants' schedule. So far, alhamdulillah library staff have given full blast cooperation. Still need more lecturers and students..

Actually I have been listening almost the same ideas (main ideas) from participants. I wonder have I reached data saturation? My supervisors advised me to probe more questions and perhaps re-word some questions. Hmmm.. hope to get variety of data.

Hubby is the most important man on earth at this stage. Every weekdays, hubby, sara and I will make our way to AUT. While I interview and 'collect' my data, hubby takes care of sara.. my mum in law also assists me to take care of my other three kids. Alhamdulillah ..

There were times when hubby and I discuss, observe, reflect and wonder... especially when we were driving.. trying to find answers to all sort of questions regarding to whatever that is happening in front of us..
- Why bus drivers are so rude and speedy though they may endanger many lives in the bus?
- Why children are not allowed to enter the masjid's praying hall?
- Why there are many playground in supermarket but they are not free (paid), or sometimes not open (even chained, so nobody can enter)?
- Why some people drive very fast and ignore others?
- Why kids are attending tutions too young, as young as my second child, 5 years old
- Why neighbours do not have courtesy even to give a smile?
- Why some driver look at you as if you are doing something weird when you give way to them?
- Why some driver look at you as if you are doing something wrong when you are crossing using the predestrian crossing while they need to stop?

Almost everyday we reflect and muhasabah..

No comments: