Monday, May 31, 2010

get the momentum

Salam and kia ora...

Last Sunday, alhamdulillah my family organize a small kenduri kesyukuran for hubby's phd accomplishment. We invited close friends... and alhamdulillah mom aka chief cook was around to prepare Kahawai asam pedas berempah melaka style and ayam masak kicap. I just help around.. Thanks for those who attend, bring foods (especially the fav bun) and make the gathering a wonderful one.

Alhamdulillah my studies is progressing well. Philippa asked me to prepare an in-depth description of the multiple cases and a summary of Case B interviews. It is a good break away from the transcript writing (what a dull, boring, time consuming and tiring process!). The writing required by philippa will mostly be used later on in my phd thesis. I owe my hubby a lot for his endless support and care, my mom for her kind assistance taking care of my children and our daily needs, and my children as well for giving me the inspiration to keep going.. I know this journey is only half way through and there are still a lot of things to do, lots of things to achieve, lots of things to share..

"Practice makes perfect", said Philippa when I told her that I'm not very good in expressing ideas verbally. Then I found this saying by Lombardi "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect". Writing is a good practice for me because it urges neurons in my brain to connect and make network to produce ideas. I remember the writing seminar I attended last two weeks, given by Helen Sword. She stressed on two elements that needs to be available in any sentence. They are: agent/action and subject/verb. An interesting point she made. She is the author of "The writer's Diet"

No comments: