Thursday, January 31, 2008

good vs not good news...

Bismillah.. salam to all...

Some news that i got recently, both soo good :) and not soo good :(

Better start with soo good news
* my youngest sister will be getting married soon. They have fixed 15th March 2008, morning for Akad and afternoon for the kenduri. She wants a small celebration, feels somehow inferiority I guess since her sister's celebration was a big one held december last year. don worry sis... it's alright! most important thing is the marriage that she and her future husband will be sharing. My doa will always be upon you dear...
p/s but I wont be around, again!, for this memorable event...huaaaa :(

*IIUM Archive. Well... this is rather a personal 'good news' since I involved in IIUM archive for 3 years when I was at Multimedia unit at the library. I just received email from my ex-chief librarian pertaining to that, and I can't stop my mind from remembering that wonderful moment of my career life, 3 wonderful years, till I manage to write a paper to share that wonderful moment. It was published in PPM Jurnal Dec 2005.
I remember... receiving boxes of photos, captured and kept by the university's photographers on many events. they don't know what to do with it, they even thought of throwing it away, or let them go on cheap sale. NO! let my unit have them... There were lots of event, and even some personal one like marriage occation of iium staff member..hehe...really! And we kept them all! Sorting was difficult definitely, luckily I didn't need to do it since i was transfered to other unit just before I came here...
I remember... spending hours at the Archive room, flipping the university masterplans, variety of logos (competition before selecting the university's logo), photos of few pioneering staff and students, some pendants and medals, and watch some videos too...
I remember... asking Tuan Syed to write a letter to all dept&div at iium to send anything related to the history, establishment and deelopment of the unversity to our Unit. The letter was sent to 'everyone'! (but I guess that method was not effective enough... need follow up.. frequently! and I was not really successful in that part)
I remember... those days when everyone in the Unit gathered almost every week, having our meeting standing just behind the counter, discussing issues and problems related to the Unit. Guys... I really miss you... azmie, che le, azhar, abg din, hafiz, yusri, wan.. later cik din. And thanks to fadzil actually for inspiring me at the beginning... remember our competition 'excellent staff of the month'...hehe
So this email about IIUM archive is indeed good. Hope all parties will give cooperation...always

And not so good news (ahh..I almost forget)
* my friend are getting divorced. So bad! It's Allah's most unfavorable halal deed. It makes me remember my close relative's case last few years. Unfortunately in our Malay culture, we get too emotional in such cases and kids become the eventual victim. She was not allowed to see her kids, at all. My heart shrank knowing her situation, just can't imagine how she survive! I witness many cases of divorce or separation here, yeah separation since people don get married normally, instead they share partnership. However, kids don involve in their emotional part of life... maybe my observation is mere surfaces, I don know...

What a long post!

No comments: